Friday 10 December 2010

Lies, Damned Lies.....

"People do not believe lies because they have to, but because they want to."
Malcom Muggeridge
First of all I want to thank all those members of susan-boyle.com who posted supportively for me on the forum recently.  I appreciate it very much.

For the record, I feel I should make clear that I fought hard to find a way for all fans to move forward in peace and harmony on that forum. 

On July 11th I received a PM from the two administrators of the forum in which they made me an offer of the position of Appeals Committee Chairperson.  I accepted the offer the same day.  My intention was to make myself available when the necessity arose, or when a problem presented itself.

Up until I received the email from the Vice Chairman, it was still my intention to carry out those duties to the best of my ability. 

I knew from the outset that it would not be an easy role to fulfil, but the 'right' paths to take in this life rarely are. I would have put all my effort into it, but I am unable to do any of that, because I was fired.

This evening I heard that a moderator was assuring members that I had 'told the forum administrators recently and often in no uncertain terms' that I 'did not want the board position'.

This came as a complete and utter surprise to me!  Nothing could be further from the truth. I told the forum administrators no such thing.  I never once stated that I did not want the post. 

Quite simply, I was fired.  I hope that is clear.