Thursday 18 November 2010

With Open Eyes and a True Heart

On a day when we are celebrating Susan's phenomenal record-breaking success, I want to acknowledge her latest achievements here in this blog.  We must never lose sight of what drew us together in the first place.
  • Susan Boyle has become the first female artist ever to hold, simultaneously, both the US and UK No1 spots twice in less than 12 months.  What an incredible achievement!
  • With her albums - last year's I Dreamed A Dream and  newly released The Gift, Susan is one of only three acts to have ever accomplished this - the others being The Monkees in 1967 and The Beatles in 1969. 
  • The Gift has also been named the fastest-selling holiday album ever!  Susan just keeps on raising the bar...
Love and congratulations to you Susan!  No-one deserves these accolades more than you.  And there's more to come - WOW!

Tonight I also want to re-post an apology I made on November 1st.  It was on a thread at the forum that was quickly closed, so probably not many members saw it. Here is a link for members: Post #6

For those unable to access the forum, these are my words,
I would hate what happened to me to mar the bigger picture.

Whilst I am completely innocent of the crimes the cyber stalker implied, I said some foolish and unwise things in anger on what should have been (and used to be) a completely closed forum among what I thought were friends. In other words I 'vented'. That was almost 10 months ago now, but nothing 'disappears' in cyber space. Our kind words and sentiments are completely overshadowed by moments of anger. Even benign comments can be taken out of context.

Of course, several people have brought screen caps here and members of this forum have subsequently been hurt. For that I apologise unreservedly, because they were not intended to do that. My words were never intended to be witnessed outside of the circle I once belonged to. I can even see now that some of the things I genuinely believed to be true were lies perpetrated initially by our cyber-stalker troll. I can only hope that I am older and wiser now....

Bullying and stalking can take many, many forms. No-one must ever, ever, be afraid to report anything they feel goes beyond their comfort zone, either online or in real life. Each time we hesitate, another bully wins.
The current situation has been difficult for everyone.  Board members, I feel, have a particularly difficult task.  They can only work from what is presented to them, and hopefully learn to ask the right questions.

My best hope has always been that they undertake their responsibilities with open eyes and a true heart. We can neither ask, nor expect, any more from them.